Drenched: Check out these Storm of Sept. 7, 2011, links to stories, photographs
York County is still seeing rain and flooding is everywhere. But officials are saying that the impact of this September storm will be less than Tropical Storm Agnes in 1972: Storm of Sept. 7, 2011 no Agnes
Storm posts, stories, photos and discussions of note:
– The York Daily Record’s main story on the storm, which includes a slide show of 37 photographs: County drenched by heavy rains.
– To see about 35 photos submitted by readers, visit: Your submitted photos.
– The YDR Facebook page has all kinds of conversations going on about the storm… .
– Follow the YDR on Twitter for storm updates.
– Two yorktownsquare.com posts on the storm: Drenched: Storm of Sept. 7, 2011 no Agnes and How York County history remembers past storms of epic size.
– A popular yorktownsquare.com post perhaps because it details a flood with a colorful name and also York’s deadliest flood: ‘Pumpkin Flood’ inundated properties of early York countians, but 1817 high water killed 10.
– Those in the Exchange community bulletin board are discussing getting around in the flood and, check this out: A sump pump Macgyver would be proud of.
-Some businesses are thriving because of the flood waters, but this video shows the other side.
A ydr.com video on the storm.