Often-photographed York County Courthouse bears example of early architectural recycling
The old turn-of-the-20th-century York County, Pa., Courthouse, artfully provided by the York Daily Record’s Dylan Segelbaum and Instagram. This building, of Dempwolf design, is one of York County’s most significant architectural wonders, and thus, one of its most-photographed buildings. Those six pillars also represent one of York County’s most significant recycling projects. They came from the courthouse’s predecessor, that was finished on the same spot in 1841. The pillars did not move very far. They were incorporated into the design of this building, which stands of the same spot, 60 years later. Also of interest: York County Courthouse, now Administrative Center. What do you call it?
Other neat stuff from all over … .
The Historic Monaghan Church has a new owner. PennLive is reporting the Dillsburg Arts & Revitalization Council acquired the church.
The church has roots going back to 1745, PennLive reported.
History all over: Even former outhouse sites hold artifacts from York, Pa.’s, past:
— paul kuehnel (@paulkuehnel) January 18, 2015
This was curious timing:The Baltimore Sun reported – Protesters urge Confederate group to move event held on MLK weekend.
York High achiever: Profiling this York countian of great accomplishment.
History Mystery: These aerial photographs are popular … .