Nasty York County weather brings 7 bright – and sad – news coverage moments
The York, Pa., Daily Record’s Kate Penn captured this Norman Rockwell-type scene. Wintry weather did not deter this Valentine Day diners at this downtown York eatery. Count this as the first of several photos or videos capturing another day of a winter of snowstorms. Also of interest: Nasty York County, Pa., weather brings 10 bright news coverage moments.
More in the coverage of this winter of York’s discontent:
2. Love these submitted photos. York’s Chris Alan posted this to ydr.com’s Your Photos. He wrote: “Northeast corner of York’s square, on 2/14/14, just after midnight.”
3. Jo May captured this scene of the farm house off Indian Rock Dam Road. Dave Lensch submitted it. This photo, plus Chris Alan’s above, are part of ydr.com’s Media Center.
4. Ugh. Hate seeing this. The storm took caused the room the collapse in part of the Lewisberry Fire Hall. Look through the open door at the damage.
5. And you hate to see this. A heater malfunction caused a fire Friday at historic Asbury Church in York. Fortunately, the fire was quickly contained. Also of interest: Preachers on horseback founded Asbury church.
6. On the bright side, we have a variety of space savers around York city. As a subhead said on the ydr.com story, ‘It’s just not chairs anymore.’
7. And more on the bright side, we returned to this scene from a few years ago. And that brought a lot of FB likes: