York County celebs Jeff Koons, Del McCoury, Louis Appell, Art Glatfelter feted for contributions to arts
This colorful graphic, created by the York (Pa.) Daily Record/Sunday News’ Carrie Hamilton, appears on the York Sunday News front page today as part of preview coverage of the upcoming Governor’s Awards for the Arts. Also of interest: York, Pa.’s, Strand and Capitol theaters have played host to silent movies and loud applause and York, Pa., accepted what Washington, D.C., rejected and Add another to list of entertainers with York links.
The Governor’s Awards for the Arts will be celebrated this week in York’s downtown.
Several of those receiving honors are familiar to York Town Square readers.
Visit these links to learn about the following honorees:
– Del McCoury
– Jeff Koons
– Louis Appell Jr.
– Art Glatfelter
And check out the following links for other entertainers/dignitaries with York County ties who have contributed to arts and entertainment:
– Hanover native Ann Roth explains how she designs costumes for Hollywood.
– John Baer among York countians to star on big screen.
– Memorial service for noted musician Bob January set for, well, January.
– Cameron Mitchell, Craig Sheffer, Dixie Chick born here
– York County, Pa.’s Cameron Mitchell agonized over career choice
– Bomb group seeks Cameron Mitchell’s WWII info
– Stand-in stole show in YLT’s “Inherit the Wind”
– Former York countian-turned-screen-writer Laurice Elehwany: How to make it as a writer
– Young Alan Alda performed along the Codorus? Researcher checking that out
– Many national stars first performed on YLT’s stage.
Paintings around downtown York, pa. will welcome festival goers to the Governor’s Awards for the Arts this week.