Gettysburg 150th spawning virtual offerings and actual events and exhibits
This photograph of a Civil War re-enactor is part of a slide show of those who take part in this popular hobby at ydr.com’s Media Center. The Media Center will showcase numerous slideshows from Gettysburg 150 observances in York and Adams counties this year. It is one of several virtual offerings and actual exhibits and events planned this year. Also of interest, another 150th attraction: Steam into History is steaming into the present.
Gettysburg 150 is spawning books, exhibits, apps and much more.
Here’s a sampling emphasizing those that deal, in full or in part, with York County in the Civil War:
– Ydr.com’s new iPad app delivered via a tweet: “rt:
@ydrchrisotto: For #CivilWar buffs: The “Gettysburg 150 facts about the 150th” iPad app.// Saw a preview. It’s awesome. #gburg150.” Download: Gettysburg 150 facts..
– Ydr.com produced this e-book of my “East of Gettysburg.”
– The YDR, Hanover Evening Sun and Chambersburg Public Opinion has unveiled this Gettysburg 150 website.
– The York County Heritage Trust will soon open a new Civil War exhibit, “The Fiery Trial,” the largest to date in York County.
– The Trust also released a new Civil War book, Ron Hershner’s “Letters from Home.”
– Scott Mingus and I released a sequel to our “Civil War Voices,” titled “Echoing Still: More Civil War Voices From York County, Pa.”
That’s a quick list. More to come in future posts.
Steam into History’s newly constructed locomotive gets fired up for the first time this week.