10 links explaining PA Civil War 150’s visit and York County, Pa.’s role in that bloody war
The Pennsylvania 150th Civil War Road Show will roll into York, and the expandable 53-foot trailer will unfold for three days on Penn Park. This view shows the size of the trailer scaled against the pedestrian. Also of interest: Invaders put off by earthy Pennsylvania women, Owner seeks info on old toll house and York County Civil War, by the numbers.
These 10 answers/links will answer questions about the upcoming Civil War weekend in York as well as York County’s role in the Civil War.
An overlooked Civil War site in York is the statue in Salem Square. While Penn Park gets the attention with the Pennsylvania Civil War Road Show, perhaps some of the neighborhood kids can keep the soldier company, as they are doing in this York, Pa., Daily Record/Sunday News file photograph.
1. The schedule of events, tonight through Sunday.
6. Learn about a new book airing local voices of the Civil War. Scott Mingus and I wrote that book. Learn how to get a free book here. See opportunity to have your book signed at the end of this post.
8. Browse a virtual showing of the York County Heritage Trust’s Civil War exhibit.
Also of interest:
– The official website for Pennsylvania’s 150th events: PA Civil War 150.
– To see all Linked In/Neat stuff posts from the start, visit here.
– All York Town Square posts from the start. Then use “find” function on browser to search for keywords.