Historical Talk about YORK Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
I use this montage, from the 1994 Annual Report of York International Corporation, as the title slide in my latest presentation. This historical talk about YORK Air Conditioning and Refrigeration covers the years 1935 to 2005.
This new presentation is in response to several talks I gave in the past year on the first 60 years of the company; i.e. from 1874 to 1934. People wanted to know the rest of the story about The YORKS:
The kick-off ‘1935 to 2005 YORKS’ talk occurs today (10/27/14) as an OLLI class at Penn State York. Use this link to learn about OLLI. The ‘1935 to 2005 YORKS’ talk will also be presented at other venues; watch for their announcements.
My Spring 2015 OLLI Classes
If you’re interested in what I’ll be doing for my next OLLI class; it will be a two-part presentation on April 22 and April 29, 2015. For full details and registration, watch for the Spring 2015 OLLI Catalog at this link.
In my Spring 2015 OLLI classes, I will be counting down the Top 50 York County Factories in 1899. Even though I’m limiting myself to 3-minutes on each company, I’ve selected some cream-of-the-crop, neat morsels to highlight each company. This two-part presentation should make for some fun classes.
Links to related posts on The YORKS:
- Free Talk on Predecessors of York International Corporation at Agricultural & Industrial Museum on November 9th, 2013
- Founders and Leaders of York Corporation
- Classic YORKCO Ads from 1930s; Part 1: Preserving The Records of a Nation
- Classic YORKCO Ads from 1930s; Part 2: World’s Largest Cooling System for Air Conditioning Purposes
- Classic YORKCO Ads from 1930s; Part 3: The University of Air Conditioning
- Classic YORKCO Ads from 1930s; Part 4: Order your own Weather, York Air Conditioning
- Johnson Controls leaving the Grantley Plant may be only partially correct
- History of YORK’s Grantley Plant, Part 1; Borg-Warner, Patriot Tech Center
- History of YORK’s Grantley Plant, Part 2; Sequence of Seven Industrial Owners on this parcel prior to YORK (Johnson Controls)
- Yorkco’s Grantley Plant located on an 80-acre 1880s Estate called “Oakland”
- History of YORK’s Grantley Plant, Part 3; 1938 Aerial View & Looking For People who worked at McGann Manufacturing in 1943
- York International Corporation built USA Luge Team’s Secret Weapon
- Not Enough Snow & Olympic Pins
- York International & the Olympics
- Story behind Executive Floor Painting for YORK Air Conditioning Headquarters
- YORK Borg-Warner Item associated with a Discovery 400 Years Ago
- Work Underway on Johnson Controls Shrewsbury Development Center & YORKCO Talks