The Kurtz Mansion at 109 West Market Street
This illustration contains John A. Dempwolf’s 1887 drawings of the south (front) elevation and east (side) elevation of the Kurtz Mansion; which stood at 109 West Market Street in York, PA, from 1887 until it was razed in 1946 for a parking lot. Details are provided in the post: Stewartstown Mystery involved a Dempwolf Mansion in York.
I’ve received several requests for the Kurtz family history associated with the Kurtz Mansion. Armed with clues from Ancestry.com, I’ll resolve the conflicts and fill in the details by consulting original records at the Library/Archives of the York County History Center.
Related John A. Dempwolf links include:
- Highland Inn, 1893 by J. A. Dempwolf; Where was it located near York?
- Stewartstown Mystery involved a Dempwolf Mansion in York.
- Dempwolf building stood next to Bonham House
- Residence of Martin Library namesake built in 1895
- Malt, Castings and Turbine-Waterwheels
- Haines Building on North George Street
- Western Maryland Railway Freight Offices
- Unlocking the Mystery of Baltimore Factory of York Safe & Lock Co.