Rezoning Effort continues along Market Street and Mount Zion Corridor
Springettsbury Township Board of Supervisors and Springettsbury Township Planning Commission will hold a Joint Meeting on Thursday, January 5th at 6:00 P.M. The meeting will take place at the Springettsbury Township Administration Building, 1501 Mt. Zion Road.
The purpose of the meeting is “to hear and/or act upon.” “A potential rezoning of properties located along the Market Street and Mount Zion Corridor.” The notice of the meeting in the December 22, 2016, issue of the York Daily Record also notes, “All interested persons are invited to appear and be heard.”
The concern I hear most often is: Will the type of development, associated with a zoning change, create unusual traffic at this already busy intersection? Instead of contacting me, that and your other concerns will carry more weight if you come out to this meeting to hear the discussion and be heard.
Links to previous posts related to rezoning efforts along Market Street and Mount Zion Corridor:
- Mount Zion Commons coming in Spring of 2024
- These Places Matter in Springettsbury Township
- The WEISER Sign in the Attic
- The Modernaire Motel, A Classic on The Lincoln Highway
- Bloomingdale, a Remarkable Historic Home
- Builders of the Modernaire Motel
- Answering Your Questions about Rezoning for a Shopping Center on Corner of East Market Street and Mt. Zion Road in Springettsbury Township
- Springettsbury Township does not need a Shopping Center at a Busy Intersection
- Letter to the Editor got Results in Springettsbury Township
- Round Two of Market St. and Mt. Zion Rd. Rezoning
- Springetts Rezoning Round 3 and Possible Solution