Practically FREE Train Ride on Steam into History; this Saturday 9/21/13
The Steam into History web site announces for Saturday September 21, 2013:
September 21, Steam Into History, Saubel Markets and Shurfine are sponsoring a taste of the train ride to Railroad, PA during the New Freedom Fest. We will have runs from 11:10 until 1:10 that day shuttling folks back and forth to Railroad FREE. Saubels Markets, Shurfine and Steam Into History ask that you present a can good for your ride, we will then donate these goods to the Southern York County Food Pantry.
Remember to bring a can good to get your FREE ride on the Steam Into History train.
Several of my past posts are related to Steam Into History; here are their links:
- Why is the Steam Into History locomotive named York #17 ?
- Name the Two Years marked by 150th Anniversary Observations by a Steam Train Excursion to Hanover Junction
- Engines such as York #17 pulled York Built Railcars
- 1925 Article sheds light on President Lincoln photograph at Hanover Junction
- Steam Into History’s York #17 and two other Rogers 4-4-0 Steam Locomotives
- Read The Actual Article: Next-day Newspaper Coverage of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address
- Locomotives that pulled Abraham Lincoln through York County; Lincoln Funeral Train
The Steam into History web site also announces for Saturday September 21, 2013:
Reading the Headlines: A Quick Index to All YorksPast Posts
At 10:00 and 2:00 you will have the opportunity to ride to Glen Rock and back. Riders on the 2:00 train can experience the Glen Rock Live Arts Festival and come back on the 4:00 run. Tickets for those excursions can be purchased online or in our gift shop. All riders that day will board the train near the old railroad station/John’s Cafe and the Train Museum a block north of our gift shop (2 West Main).
To add a bit of fun to the day we will add our new coaches to the coaches we have been using this summer to create a wonderful photo opportunity for all to enjoy.
The 21st is also the day for the New Freedom Fest. The fest is a fun filled day with children’s activities, food, and entertainment the whole day from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. There will be an Alpaca Petting Zoo, a Pie Eating Contest at 11:30, Puppet Shows, a Pet Parade at 2:00 p.m., face painting and more. Scott Mingus will also be at the Heritage Museum from 11:00 until 1:00 p.m. For more information regarding the New Freedom Fest go to www.newfreedomfest.org
We are truly excited to be a part of this fun community event, we are also happy to be a partner with the Saubels Markets and Shurfine.