"Available for Lease: PAD SITES & STORES" sign along Mt. Zion Road (S.H. Smith Photo, 2023)
Mount Zion Commons coming in Spring of 2024
In recent weeks I’ve been questioned about the “Available for Lease: Pad Sites & Stores” signs along East Market Street and Mt. Zion Road in Springettsbury Township. My initial responses were zoning issues allowing such development were passed unanimously last year by the Springettsbury Township Board of Supervisors with only one comment from the public, however development plans have yet to be presented to the Supervisors; probably sometime this year.
A reader contacted the phone number provided, inquiring about potentially leasing a store at that location. Yesterday he shared the site plan for Mount Zion Commons. He was told to expect them in the Spring of 2024.
If the Spring of 2024 is what the developers are actually targeting, the plans should soon be coming up before the Springettsbury Township Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors. Let your views be known!
Links to posts when development of this corner was proposed in 2015 include:
- These Places Matter in Springettsbury Township
- Springettsbury Township does not need another Shopping Center
- Bloomingdale, a Remarkable Historic Home
- The WEISER Sign in the Attic
- The Modernaire Motel, A Classic on The Lincoln Highway
- Builders of the Modernaire Motel
- Lost Landmark?
- Answering Your Questions about Rezoning for a Shopping Center on Corner of East Market Street and Mt. Zion Road in Springettsbury Township
- Rezoning Effort continues along Market Street and Mount Zion Corridor