YorksPast

Part of the USA Today Network

Bridges Archives

The Lincoln Highway Garage in Wrightsville was the first such named in York County and possibly the earliest in the country. Harry E. Bailey established this garage as early as 1915; less than two years after the initial organizational meeting of the Lincoln Highway Association in 1913, and only one

Coal yards and wholesale leaf tobacco once covered most of the Northwest Triangle’s recently announced Innovation District. York Exponential, a robotics firm, is the driving force behind this project. This view, from the intersection of North Beaver Street and North Street in York, looks west at a planned building in

YorksPast continues the series of posts exploring the history of the Codorus Navigation Works. Completed in November of 1833, the 11-miles of canal and slackwater, via the Codorus Creek, allowed navigating 70-foot long canal boats between downtown York and the Susquehanna River. Part twelve explores Dam 7 and Lock 9;

YorksPast continues the series of posts exploring the history of the Codorus Navigation Works. Completed in November of 1833, the 11-miles of canal and slackwater, via the Codorus Creek, allowed navigating 70-foot long canal boats between downtown York and the Susquehanna River. Part nine explores Mundis Mill; located at the

YorksPast continues the series of posts exploring the history of the Codorus Canal. Completed in November of 1833, this canal allowed navigating 70-foot long canal boats between downtown York and the Susquehanna River. Part seven explores Myers Mill; enlarged soon after nearby Dam No. 4 was raised in conjunction with