YorksPast

Part of the USA Today Network

All Posts Archives

Soap Box Derby racing was conducted on the South Queen Street hill from 1952 until 1959. The gravity-powered racers started in Spring Garden Township; just below the Highland Road intersection with Queen Street. As the racers sped through the Rathton Road intersection they entered York City. The finish line of