Avalong Dairy drawn by Cliff Satterthwaite
Farmhouse & Sycamore Tree at 2901 Whiteford Road
Cliff Satterthwaite created this artwork of Avalong Dairy in 1964. It is a southwest looking view from the vicinity of the miniature golf course next to the Avalong Dairy Bar & Drive-In. At the extreme left, is the small creek bridge over Whiteford Road. At the extreme right, behind the trees, the chimneys of the Avalong Mansion can be seen; this mansion now houses Christmas Tree Hill. The two big dairy barns, that once stood, directly east of the mansion are partly obscured by the massive sycamore tree and farmhouse; which are prominently located at the center of Cliff’s artwork. This sycamore tree and former farmhouse still stand at 2901 Whiteford Road. Relative locations are pointed out on the following 1971 aerial view photo.
The former farmhouse, at 2901 Whiteford Road, has been for sale the past several years. It sold earlier this year. The new owners value this historic property and are fixing up the building for their use. This building will house a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. The following photo is a recent eastward looking view of the building and sycamore tree at 2901 Whiteford Road.
Links to related posts:
- Historic Pennsylvania German Farmhouse along Whiteford Road
- Mammoth Sycamore Witness Tree of Springettsbury Township; Civil War & Cow Weathervane Happenings
- Alva R. Long acquires the Meadowbrook Estate of Harold E. Robertson on January 3rd 1950; and Avalong Barn Remarks
- A Road Named N.O.P., Arsenal and Whiteford; Part 1 – Avalong
- Third Avalong Barn captured by Cliff Satterthwaite
- Working in the Family Business; Avalong Farms Dairy Bar
- Avalong Farms Miniature Golf & Arnold Palmer Driving Range
- York County Tourist Information Center and Avalong