YorksPast

Part of the USA Today Network

Author: Stephen H. Smith

York Council of Boy Scouts, Troop 32, installed a concrete Lincoln Highway marker “opposite the end of Round Top Road” on September 1, 1928. Research into the 1928 Hellam Township location where Round Top Road intersected the Lincoln Highway, revealed details about the Roundtop resort. Roundtop is a massive mansion,

Before big-box chain grocery stores, a scattering of community grocery stores served the residents of Springettsbury Township. One such store, Evans’ Grocery, operated in the building at 45 North Findlay Street in the East York neighborhood from 1930 until 1965. Evans’ Grocery Store was among over 200 early businesses, which

Thirteen decades ago the village of Pleasureville was bustling with 17 thriving businesses. One of those businesses was the E. G. Keller store, already well on its way at being operated for 52-years by founder Emanuel G. Keller. He was one of seven businessmen that met to start the ball