Staff Q&As: Meet sports reporter Jim Seip
To help you get to know our newsroom staff a bit better, a series of question-and-answer posts with each journalist will run on Mondays. This morning, meet sports reporter Jim Seip. You might have read his articles on the York Revolution or his posts on Revs’ Inside Pitch — he’s covered the franchise since its first game in 2007.
Name: Jim Seip
Lives in: State of denial
Hometown: Gratz, PA
Position at the YDR: Reporter
Years with the YDR: Depends on what you mean by YDR? Forced transfer from the York Dispatch to YDR on May 5, 2004, but working at York newspapers since Nov. 2002
Graduated from: Bloomsburg University
With degrees in: History, mass communications
Facebook: Search for Jim Seip
1. What made you want to become a journalist? A bad case of food poisoning
2. How do you see journalism changing? Less smoking/drinking in the press box
3. What do you like most about your job? The least? All those great perks, like free pens; the quality of the free pens
4. It’s 9:30 a.m. on a day off. What are you doing? Sleeping or looking for coffee
5. What’s been your favorite project or story recently? Why? Filling out mileage, all 27 steps
6. The drink that’s on your desk right now is: Gone
7. Your favorite journalism-related blog you read or Twitter feed you follow: Duh, @YDRPennState
8. What’s your favorite movie? Book? Key Largo; “Beware of the Frog”
9. What’s your favorite place in York County? I-83, left lane
10. What’s one piece of newsroom jargon that had to be explained to you? I have no idea what half the things coming out of Frank Bodani’s mouth even mean.
Last week, we ran a Q&A with multiplatform journalist Dan Rorabaugh. To read all of the staff Q&A interviews we’ve done so far, click on the “Staff Q&As” under “About us” at the top of the homepage.