Staff Q&As: Meet image tech Brenda Hake
To help you get to know our newsroom staff a bit better, a series of question-and-answer posts with each journalist will run on Mondays. This morning, meet image tech Brenda Hake. She processes submitted photos and photos off the wire services, puts together slideshows and handles some of the puzzles that appear in the paper.
Name: Brenda Hake
Lives in: York
Position at the YDR: Image Tech
Years with the YDR: 11 1/2 years
Graduated from: Eastern York High School
Facebook: Search for Brenda Hake
Whatever you’d like to tell us about yourself: Family oriented and enjoy gardening and crafts.
1. What made you want to become a journalist? I took the evening clerk job when it became available.
2. How do you see journalism changing? Becoming more digital and more geared toward social media for a larger audience.
3. What do you like most about your job? The least? I like that it’s stress-free and that the atmosphere is like a large family. I like the repetition the least.
4. It’s 9:30 a.m. on a day off. What are you doing? I would be sleeping since I normally don’t get up until 10 or 10:30 a.m.
5. What’s been your favorite project or story recently? Why? I like the stories we do about people that help others that are less fortunate, ex: the Keefers or the Darisabel story. I like that it brings awareness to others and shows that there still are caring people in the world and that all our stories aren’t just about the terrible things that happen in our society.
6. The drink that’s on your desk right now is: McDonald’s Sweet Tea
8. What’s your favorite movie? Book? I like NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles and love a good mystery book
9. What’s your favorite place in York County? Sam Lewis State Park
10. What’s one piece of newsroom jargon that had to be explained to you? All of it since I didn’t study journalism in school.
Last week, we ran a Q&A with multiplatform journalist Hannah Sawyer. To read all of the staff Q&A interviews we’ve done so far, click on the “Staff Q&As” under “About us” at the top of the homepage.