Staff Q&As: Meet editorial assistant Samuel Sica
To help you get to know our newsroom staff a bit better, a series of question-and-answer posts with each journalist will run on Mondays. This morning, meet editorial assistant Samuel Sica. He processes some of the content for The Weekly Record and Neighbors and also works in the sports department as a clerk.
Name: Samuel Sica
Lives in: New Freedom
Position at the YDR: Editorial assistant
Years with the YDR: 9 months
Graduated from: Penn State University
With a degree in: Business management/marketing
Facebook: Search for Samuel Andrew Sica
Whatever you’d like to tell us about yourself: I am a huge sports fan and I love to play golf whenever I can. My dream job would be anything involving sports but for now, anything full-time dealing with my major would be great.
1. What made you want to become a journalist? I don’t know if I ever wanted to become a journalist but I have always wanted to be involved in sports. I went for a degree in business because I thought it would leave the door open for me with multiple opportunities.
2. How do you see journalism changing? I think journalism has already changed through social media and the Internet. There are so many different outlets today that people can utilize to find out what is going on all over the world. I don’t know what will come next after Twitter and Facebook but I know there will be something bigger and better in the future.
3. What do you like most about your job? The least? I like the variety of things that I do whether it be working as a clerk for sports or working in neighbors and living.
4. It’s 9:30 a.m. on a day off. What are you doing? Watching SportsCenter or online checking ESPN.
5. The drink that’s on your desk right now is: Water
6. What’s your favorite movie? Book? “The Godfather” and “Patriot Games”
7. What’s your favorite place in York County? Playing golf at Heritage Hills or Cool Creek.
Last week, we ran a Q&A with hyperlocal journalist Christine Loman. To read all of the staff Q&A interviews we’ve done so far, click on the “Staff Q&As” under “About us” at the top of the homepage.