Five good reasons to stop by the YDR booth at the York Fair
After you have enjoyed your deep-fried cheeseburger and before you head in to the Royal Hanneford Circus, you should stop by the YDR booth in Memorial Hall West at the York Fair this week. Here’s why:
- It should be the only place at the Fair where you will see a woman in a cocktail dress duking it out with another woman as a bunch of guys throw each other around.
- You can pull a lollypop and stand a good chance of winning a prize. We’re all out of Hershey Park and York Revolution tickets, but we still have lots of cool prizes. If nothing else, you get to keep the lollypop and chat with someone who works at the York Daily Record.
- Get there between 2 and 5 p.m. today and YDR artist extraordinaire Samantha Dellinger will be on hand. If you want, she will turn you into one of her famous cartoon characters.
- Get the between 5 and 8 p.m. Saturday and local historian (and YDR Editor) Jim McClure will be on hand. Just try to stump him with your history questions. You have a better chance of winning a giant stuffed animal on the Midway.
- And of course, this is the place to learn more about the new ways we are sharing news and information for and about York County. This is an exciting time for our business and we are eager to show you how we can help you make better decisions, help you stay up to date with the latest news, and help you keep your community better informed about what matters most to you. Stop over and get you hands on an iPad, or sign up for a free subscription to Smart magazine. Heck, stop over and yell at us about a story you didn’t like. But do stop by. We’d really like to meet you.
Here is the rundown of who will be at The NewsVroom in Memorial Hall at the York Fair for the rest of the week: Fair Schedule
Stop by and get to know us. We are eager to show you some of the new things we are doing and to hear your thoughts about how we can improve.