Ask Joan: Lots of photos edition
I’m very into scrapbooking – but our problem is that we just have SO MANY pictures, it’s really hard to keep up.
Today’s Ask Joan has the same problem – it comes with lots of pictures that I have been meaning to blog about for some time, but couldn’t quite keep up with – until now!
1. What sparked the Gardner’s memories
2. Seeking information on five photos
3. Seeking Mount Zion School memories
1. An Ask Joan from 2011 featured a question from my childhood neighbor, Margaret Hayes, about Gardner’s Service Station.
Responses were plentiful – and I also received a note and photo from Margaret of the piece of memorabilia she found that started the whole works!
Margaret writes, “Finally I am sending you a photograph of the complimentary advertising of the Gardner’s Service Station on State Street Extended. I do not think there was ever a little calendar, the picture shows no sign of any such attachment. As you can see it is a silhouette-type picture, one of my special interests. I was lucky enough to find it in an antique shop one day. Perhaps the picture will spark an interest among your readers of Gardner’s service station.”
I’m sure it will – and I’m glad for your original note, which started us off!
2. I’m sending these pictures in hoping you will be able to tell me who (the people pictured) are and their names. This is very important to me.
– Rae Jean Metzel
Rae Jean sent me a set of five photos she’d like to know more about. I’m including them here – and while I have absolutely NO information myself, I’m hoping someone can provide some information on who or what is pictured!
Any info or suggestions for Rae Jean?
3. I am wondering if anyone remembers the Mt. Zion one room school house that used to exist at the corner of Memory Lane and Ridgewood Road. I have many fond memories of going to school there until 7th grade and would love to hear from anyone that also went to that school. I can be reached at 252-1988.
– Bonnie (Sipe) White
Bonnie mentioned she’d love to hear from any attendees directly, just please call after 10 a.m.! I know she’d love to hear from you, so please do reach out if you attended or remember the Mount Zion one-room school.
Got any questions? Ask Joan using the form at right. I’ll attempt to answer them in a future “Ask Joan” column on this blog. I get a large volume, but I will feature three each week and answer as many as possible!