Ask Joan: Impromptu beach edition
Last week, our family decided to plan a quick getaway to the shore as our last hurrah for the year. As you read this, I’m either on my way or already in Rehoboth, enjoying a few days of R&R!
In honor of me taking a mini-vacation, today’s Ask Joan features questions I could really use your help with. Care to oblige, if I promise to share a couple fun photos when I get back?
1. Wall to Wall Sound and Video
2. Memories of Ream’s Stationery Store
3. Gruver’s pharmacy’s location in 1950s
1. Wall to Wall Sound and Video. Was that the name of the store that was on Route 30 where Old Country Buffet, etc., now are?
Sadly, I’m pretty sure I remember Wall to Wall – or at least their commercials – but I can’t place a location at all! For some reason I had them in mind on the other side of Route 30, where there were at various times also a paint store, a mattress store and so on, but that’s just a vague thought, nothing concrete!
Someone want to help set Kip and me on the right path?
2. Does anyone remember Ream’s Stationery Store on W. Market St. across from Farmer’s Market? After Ream’s there was a gym owned by Jules Bacon, a former Mr. America.
– Bern Bevenour
Would love to find some memories of Ream’s (which is a great name for a stationery store, by the way!) for Bern; anyone who has any to share, please comment!
3. Where was Gruver’s Pharmacy located in York in the 1950s?
– Pat Seager
The only Gruver’s I’m familiar with deals in baked goods, not prescriptions, so I’d love any info you might have for Pat!
Got any questions? Ask Joan using the form at right. I’ll attempt to answer them in a future “Ask Joan” column on this blog. I get a large volume, but I will feature three each week and answer as many as possible!